Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rockabye Baby!

A couple months ago we started having some issues in my 3 year old's room...and by issues I mean ghosts. Whether you want to believe me or not. At first it wasn't a big deal to her, but things kept getting worse. Suddenly she wanted to sleep with her door wide open and the blankets over her head and around that time we had a few weird things happen in the house. Following my mom's advice I had a very direct conversation out loud with this mom and baby ghost asking them to stop scaring Addison, whether they meant to or not (I will admit that it was a combination of awkward and creepy having this conversation). But after that the weird things in the house stopped happening, but Addison still said they were there making her uncomfortable. We finally dedicated the house and since then she hasn't mentioned them once when it was a several times a day conversation that we used to have.

So that might seem like a long back story, but if you'd believe it, that was the short version :) To get to the point we started to need a way of calming her down before bedtime and to help her fall asleep and go back to sleep while all this was going on. My mom suggested lullabies. Not necessarily something with words or anything, but something for background noise that would be comforting for her. I've mentioned before my inability to stand most kid's music stuff so when I stumbled across the Rockabye Baby collection at the library I thought it would be perfect for us.



If you haven't heard of them before you definitely need to check it out. They do lullaby renditions of all the most awesome musical artists. They use bells and chimes to recreate all of MY favorites. We started out with their versions of Muse, Led Zeppelin, and Kiss. When it was time to return them Doug even asked me to make a copy for him to keep! They have so many artists to choose from. Guns 'N Roses to Jay-Z, Nine Inch Nails to Bob Marley. There are currently 55 different artists that they have CDs for and they are adding more all the time--Michael Jackson is their next one coming out. My favorites right now are Muse, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and of course Van Halen...I've got my fingers crossed that they do a Poison CD soon.
                  




Plus Addison loves the artwork. She's always asking for her teddy bear music :) They are fun, witty plays on the group's original covers.

Hands down these have become our new favorite CDs. Check them out on the Rockabye Baby website where you can buy the CDs or just the MP3s. Your sanity with thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love these. I forgot they even existed. We used to check out this series from the library when the kids were little. Nice to see they have so many new titles!

    ReplyDelete