Monday, August 12, 2013

How do you say goodbye?

It's been almost a year since I started this thing. Can you believe it? I can! I started this blog in hopes that I would be able to occupy myself in a way that would let me be creative and fun and inspiring to others. I didn't start it to get paid or receive product, I did it because I needed something more in my life and I thought that blogging on a more "professional" level (you know more than just updates about my kids) would help me fulfill that. But it hasn't. I find myself dragging every week to coming up with posts and honestly I'm overwhelmed :)

I know that everyone's life is busy (isn't that part of life?) but between being a good mom, being a good wife, being a good homemaker, this blog, the "family" blog, the new photography business, fostering dogs, working out, traveling, Addison taking ballet and about to start Preschool, story times, everything...I'm exhausted. But most importantly my body is exhausted and if you know me at all you know that's a very bad sign, I mean I caught a cold 3 weeks ago and I'm still recovering, ugh, and don't even ask me about my migraines. So what am I going to do about it. That's the million dollar question isn't it? And one that I've been rolling around in my head for the last couple weeks. You know that you need to make a change, but where do you even start.

So...I've finally decided that I have to re-prioritize. I can admit that I can't do everything.

I've loved doing this blog. I've loved the reaction it's received, but it takes up a lot of time and it's starting to feel like a bad job. With the only advantage being that my family's survival doesn't depend on me keeping and so if it doesn't make me happy then I have no reason not to step away. Especially since starting up my photography business this past April and business picking up on that end, along with finding out that it is fulfilling all those "extra" needs in my life there's no reason to split myself in half trying to do both. And that's why if I have to spend extra time working on something I would much rather it be photography than the blog. So if you're in Denver looking for a good photographer then give me a call ;)

I'm sure if you've even made it this far in the post you're like sheesh, we get it...chillax already! But I had to explain it to myself and this was the best way to do it. Sorry it was so long! Love you all! Thanks for hanging in there with me this past year it has truly been an amazing learning and growing experience that I wouldn't change for the world.

1 comment:

  1. Tarin! I'm going to miss this... but I understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. I have loved all your posts and have learned so much from you! I have also loved the family pics you took for us and am excited for your photography business- good luck and you certainly are a Fabulous mom!

    ReplyDelete