Recently I got an email from Coldstone advertising these:
Doesn't that look delish?! I was so excited, I booked myself right over to Coldstone where I saw that they were available for $5.99...what! Okay so I have no problem splurging on their ice cream, etc. but 6 bucks for a cookie and cookie dough? I could make a whole batch of those for less than that. Which got me thinking...
So below is how to do it. I've also included my personal favorite cookie dough recipe for you to use if you don't already have a favorite. (Also for these cookies I used mini morsels because that's all I had, but I kind of liked them...I used only half a bag for the whole batch!) ***I will warn you that this recipe does have uncooked eggs in it so this is a concern for you...this might not be the dessert for you.***
Start with making a batch of cookie dough. Use your cookie scoop (mine's just a large mechanical Ice Cream scoop...I like my cookies big!) and create mounds.
Cook half and save the other half in the fridge. The true secret to any great cookie is this...pull them out before they are cooked all the way! I baked these for 13 minutes, let them sit on the pan for a minute before moving them to a cooling rack.
Now put a cookie on a plate and heat it up for 20 seconds. And on another plate place the uncooked cookie dough in the microwave for 10 second increments. I felt mine was ready at about 20 seconds. You want it to look like this:
Now using a spatula place it on top of your cookie.
And though you might be tempted to eat it right now...wait until you scoop some ice cream on top! And then Enjoy!
Tarin's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3) Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
6) Place on either silicone baking mat or grease cookie sheet. Cook for 10-13 minutes depending on the size of your cookies. You want them just set :)
7) Pull them out, let them sit for a minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
Also DON'T FORGET to check out my giveaway of LivInternational Products. You have until Feb. 1st! You'll need them to keep you from eating all of these in one sitting!